About Me

 Spencer Darula 


I am a third-year college student dual enrolled at Oregon State and Linn Benton community college. I have the desire to pursue a Business Administration major and a Marketing minor or Marketing Major all together. For the last couple of years, I have worked as a welder at a metal shop called accurate metals and have recently taken an interest in the sales world. Summer of 2022 I worked down in Houston Texas as a sales representative for a company called NIVO Solar. I plan on going to Arkansas this coming summer to move up in the company and learn more about sales strategies. 


My reasoning behind enrolling in this current marketing class (BA 223) was to learn more about selling in general along with other marketing techniques I am not aware of. Other than this class is a requirement. I've always found it interesting to learn and observe the things that drive consumers to make certain purchases. I have little to no experience and knowledge in the field except for the door-to-door sales I did over the summer with NIVO Solar. I hope to learn more about marketing in regard to how it's used in real-world companies and what types of things consumers appeal to when making purchases. One thing I learned over the summer when doing my sales internship was how to paint a picture in the prospect's mind that they need the product to solve a problem they weren't fully aware of. That and many other things I found very helpful, however, based on my observations of the other senior sales representative in action, I realized I have much more to learn. Marketing is something I feel closely relates to and could be applied in this career path. 


Outside of college I have taken a strong interest in cars. Specifically my 2008 BMW 335i. While it's a bit of a problem child, I have learned so much and have had endless fun driving/working on it with my father and friends. As we talked about on the second day of class, the reason I own a problematic BMW is to for the reliability and gas mileage but the mind-blowing performance it has to offer. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Listening

BMW Keyword Marketing Campaign